St Benedict appears a puzzle to the catholic community in which he is venerated. The orthodox would, I believe, recognise his charisma as a Fool for Christ.
Follow the link to a well written and thought provoking reflection on his life and ours.
On this day lift before God:
- All who are homeless.
- All who do not know where their next meal will come from.
- All pilgrims.
- All whose health prevents them following their first calling.
- All whom the world perceives as failures.
- All who see themselves as failures.
- All who are thought to waste their lives on God.